Internet Defense League

Translate

Thursday 18 April 2013

Important Announcement

On This Day April 18 2013, The Bill Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act or CISPA for short, has passed The House Of Representatives votes.   However it has yet to get to the Senate.   I urge any and all American viewers of this site to appeal to your respective Senators to put a stop to this bill.  If that doesn't work protest the hell out of them. I spent my entire life trying to find the real in fictional universes and one thing is for certain, I don't wish for concepts of George Orwell's 1984 to be one of them.  This bill reprsents all the things that not only Americans, but human beings all over the world swore to destroy in the name of peace.   If this bill becomes law then similar bills and laws will pass.  Not just in the United States, but all over the world. Laws that will tear this planet apart if we let it.   Albert Einstein once said "I do not know what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."  Well we know what weapons will be fought.  The Internet is that weapon, both the users and the people who strive to control it are the soldiers.  Should Cispa be passed, World War 3 will begin.  So which one are you, are you one of the users or are you the ones that support this bill.  Now most people would say "It's just an internet law it doesn't effect us."  I say you are wrong.  The internet is not some machine that you can turn on and off.  It's a force that binds the world together through communication and sharing.  Because of it we made friends all over the world.  Provided each other with entertaining stories and jokes.  Shared our cultures with one and other without having to leave each other's countries and even fought with each other over minor and major arguments.  Shows like Nostalgia Critic and Atop The Fourth Wall have given us people that represent both our love of old movies and comics as well as reflected the rage we felt when certain things from said mediums made us look bad.   If this bill passes, we may never hear these people who made such an impact on us ever again.

Charlie Chaplin once said "Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people."  Well I can think of no other dictator than Mike Rogers.  For proposing that bill twice and insulting the people that oppose it calling them "14 year old basement dwellers."   Well to that I say I'm 22 I live in a home of my own and I oppose you.  I am not even from the United States and I know what you are doing unconstitutional.  Rogers, you should be arrested, tried and sentenced to Leavenworth for what you did.  And I urge the people of Michigan specifically, if he has to run for office again, vote on the other guy even if he is a different party than when you are used to. Vote his sorry ass away.  You guys deserve better than that you're state is the home of Detroit, the biggest car manufacturing city in the world and one of my favorite hero's Robocop was born in said city your state is in.  You are also home to Flint, the first city that passed the Civil Rights act.  Passing this bill would be like spitting on that part of your city since internet is a civil right and it's being censored.  I don't know the rest of Michigan, but I am pretty sure there is more greatness than in just the two cities.  And I am even more sure Rogers is spitting on that with this bill.

Now most people are thinking, I am probably overreacting since while it did pass the house of reps, Obama will veto it.  I have high hopes that it's possible.  However Vetoing is only half the battle you have to show your country that you don't want this bill, you want the right to protect your privacy.  So far all I see is mostly complaining.  If you want this to stop then go out and make it stop.  Today it's the US tomorrow it could be the world. 

As I have said before, Debate, Argue, and Let me know what I miss.  Stay Tuned For More....I hope.  And go kick some ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment